Greeting



Hello and welcome to the blog of one crazy mom!

Here I want to share about my life, my struggles and successes, the brighter pieces of my life's mosaics and the darker ones, too. They all are a part of the masterpiece God is working on, it just takes time to see a bigger picture.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

From the Grateful Heart...

Being grateful can be a difficult task sometimes. Yet this is one of the most rewarding practices. Whenever I felt down as a child/teenager, my wise mother would encourage me to start thanking God for the blessings I had. Surely, counting the blessings lifted my spirits and allowed me to see beyond the challenges of the moment.

I wish I could say that I have mastered the art of being thankful, but I still have a long way to go. But there are several people in my life that always fill my heart with gratitude. In this post I will mention only those closest to me, with more posts to come.

I am always and forever grateful for:

- My husband
Our love story is definitely out-of-this world. Every time I think of the way God has brought Illya into my life, I can't help but thank Him for His amazing provision! I doubt there is another person in the whole world who would care for me the way Illya does. His unconditional love, his patience and acceptance, his devotion to me are the source of constant gratitude for the greatest husband I could ever dream of. Our 10 years together have been a wonderful journey, and I'm looking forward to many more!  


- Our kids
It's clearly stated in the Bible that children are the gift from the Lord, and that is the absolute truth! It's not always being a mom (is it ever?!) but nothing can compare to the joy of parenthood!

I am grateful for Bogdan, our firstborn, for his gentle spirit and inquisitive mind, for his rich imagination and curiosity, for his love for God and people. 


I am grateful for Daryna, our mover-and-shaker, for her energy and ideas, for her sweetness and insatiable desire to help and serve.

I am grateful for Matthew, our sweetest baby, for his joyful heart and clever mind, for his kisses and laughter, for  the joy he's brought to us all.   


Last Friday Bogdan, along with other Kindergarten students, recited Psalm 100 as a part of the Thanksgiving Chapel at Mission Hills Christian School. I was so blessed to see our 6-year-old enthusiastically shouting out the words of the psalm! I thank God for the precious gift of the family, and pray that our kids grow to know and love their Creator and Savior more every day!

PSALM 100
1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his;
   we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
   give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
   his faithfulness continues through all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment