Greeting



Hello and welcome to the blog of one crazy mom!

Here I want to share about my life, my struggles and successes, the brighter pieces of my life's mosaics and the darker ones, too. They all are a part of the masterpiece God is working on, it just takes time to see a bigger picture.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Three Truths I Want My Daughter to Remember

Today we celebrated our sweet Daryna's third birthday. She is our only daughter, right in between two wonderful boys, Bogdan and Matthew. My pregnancy with Daryna was the bumpiest. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I was constantly nauseous, exhausted, my emotions were a havoc. How did I even survive?! But oh boy, it was all well worth it!

Daryna (or as we lovingly call her, Darusya) is the most unusual little girl. She is {super} strong-willed yet gentle, though a little bully yet irresistibly sweet and charming. To me, she is the most gorgeous girl ever (she's my daughter, doh! :)). She constantly brings me joy, yet challenges me the most. I'm either crazy about her, or she drives me crazy! I love her with all my heart! (as I actually do all three of my kids, but today is her birthday, and this post is all about her!<3)

As Daryna is celebrating her third birthday, she might be too little to remember all things I'm telling her. So I've picked these three truths I want to instill in her heart today:

YOU ARE A GIFT FROM GOD!
You are not a result of chance, or luck, or accident, or our wishes. You were knitted together and made "fearfully and wonderfully" by God the Creator Himself.
"Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him." Psalm 127:3
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
YOU ARE LOVED!
Always and without conditions. You are loved by your Dad, you are loved by me. You will always be our little princess. But above all, you are loved by God. As a matter of fact, He loved you so much that He gave His own life to pay for any mistakes, bad choices and sin that you may ever have in your life. All you need to do is accept His love, His guidance and His gift of forgiveness and eternal life.

YOU ARE SAFE!
The other day you were afraid of "the bad guys" when you were falling asleep. Don't be afraid! Even though our house and our parental protection cannot guarantee complete safety, there is One who can. He "covers you with his feathers and shelters you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection".
"If you make the LORD your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you up with their hands so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone. You will trample upon lions and cobras; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet! The LORD says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.” Psalm 91:9-16
As you grow older, smarter, stronger, may so grow your love for God and trust in His name. He will always be your shelter, if you only let Him!.. 

I pray you grow to know and love your God more every day. Be blessed, our precious one!

Happy Birthday, Daryna!






7 comments:

  1. Oksanka, u r an awesome mom!...hope u know that... and may God bless u and give u strength... always!!!

    P.S. and the kitchen Daryana stands next to is amazing; saw it once and it actually made me wanna cook =)

    (first post del cause i had to fix my grammar)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilek, thank you!.. Wow, your words are such an encouragement to me! I always want to be a {better} mom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Oksana! Just the way we need to think as parents.
    Happy Birthday Daryna! Can I just say that I love your family. I feel so blessed by you guys. I love seeing your family pictures. I love to see joy like I see in them! It warms my heart. So glad to have connected with you guys:) Have a great weekend friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh...so sweet! Makes me want to be YOUR daughter too! What a blessing your children have been given to grow up with you and Illya as parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies, you are too kind! There are so many ways I need to improve as a mother. But thank God for His amazing grace that enables me and all of us to become better as we seek His help!..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing gifts to give your daughter. She will grow up feeling loved and blessed and knowing that God will be watching over her always. Happy late birthday to her, and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Carl! Glad you stopped by my *other* blog :) Lately I have become actively involved in my husband's ministry of publishing Christian resources for e-readers, which also involves his blog at http://OSNOVA.com. But this one I keep for my own musings about life, kids, struggles and all things personal. Always excited to have a new visitor, especially if it involves a new comment ;)

    ReplyDelete