Greeting



Hello and welcome to the blog of one crazy mom!

Here I want to share about my life, my struggles and successes, the brighter pieces of my life's mosaics and the darker ones, too. They all are a part of the masterpiece God is working on, it just takes time to see a bigger picture.

Monday, August 29, 2011

What has changed?

As a child, I used to invite people to church easily and readily. I felt no barriers, no insecurity, no self-consciousness. I was excited about God, about church, about faith, and I was eager to share my excitement with everybody I met.

With time I've lost that easiness and spontaneity. Now I worry if people would get offended with my invitation, whether it's "politically correct" (who came up with that anyway?!), whether my church is appealing enough. As I look at myself today, I wonder what has changed me so much.

I might analyze myself and actually write a post about those changes, but today it's just a heartbroken confession. I am sad to see myself like this. So many worries and concerns, so little action.

God deserves to be the center of our life, of my life
He is exciting enough to share about Him with everybody I meet! 
His love is highly appealing and not offending in any way!
"The blessing of the Lord makes rich, and He adds no sorrow with it" (Proverbs 10:22) 

It's my attitude that needs correction, not His methods nor His offering. And that's something I commit to start working on. I want to cross the boundaries and share the wonderful love of my God and Savior with people who haven't met Him yet. For this I may even start driving a Lincoln...

4 comments:

  1. Romans 1:16 tells us that "The gospel of Christ is the power of God for salvation".

    " Because of their lack of size, fame, or honor in the Roman corridors of power and influence, Christians might be tempted to be ashamed of the Christian message. But Paul says it is nothing to be ashamed of, for it is in fact a message coming with the power of God that brings people to salvation." ESV SB

    If all you do is write John 3:16 on a card and give it to your neighbor, then do so. Trust God to use his gospel to save lost sinners just like he saved you. Give yourself fully to this in prayer and practice. Then give God the results. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God does always need to be the center of everything in our lives and we should always be proud and speak of Him freely. You are so right in this. Also, never underestimate how far your actions reach others. Your kindness and love have touched me very deeply and I've never even met you! I think that you have a real gift in how wonderful you treat others that speaks a great deal about God's love. People see this and they feel it too. Sometimes you may speak to someone about Jesus and they may not get it, but the seed is planted. Sometimes you may invite them to church and they may not come, but the seed has been planted. But the way you treat people and what they witness in you as a believer is also so important. I think it's always good to be aware of ourselves and be working in ourselves as you said, but also remember how far all your love and kindness go with others. I am so grateful to know you Oksana. You are such a blessing to me and so many! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is really doing a revival in my life lately! I've been waiting for it for such a long time!.. I thank God for all the wonderful Christians He's sending my way who encourage me in my spiritual walk; I thank God for the two churches we've become involved at (one American, one Russian). There are some things happening that I wouldn't imagine even a few months ago!.. Wow, how great is our God!.. (And thank you, dear Spoudason and Jo Ann, for your comments! You both are a part of God's amazing work in my life!..)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post. We do change and sometimes that is sad. We should never allow fear or anything else to come between us and God.

    ReplyDelete