Greeting



Hello and welcome to the blog of one crazy mom!

Here I want to share about my life, my struggles and successes, the brighter pieces of my life's mosaics and the darker ones, too. They all are a part of the masterpiece God is working on, it just takes time to see a bigger picture.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Our God-Given Is 6!

After many unsuccessful attempts and two lost pregnancies, we stopped trying to build a family in our own strength and in our own time and had fully trusted our future to God. Not that we hadn't trusted Him on the past - our love story actually proves the opposite - but until that point we still seemed to put too much control into our own hands: our timing, our ideas, failures we claimed to be ours, questions we asked. As soon as we had transferred the control to God, we felt a relief. Now it was up to God and His ways and His timing.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD." Isaiah 55:8
When I found out I was pregnant again, I trusted this pregnancy and this child to God, knowing perfectly well that although as parents we should do our best, God is ultimately in control of our lives and His will is "good and perfect" (Romans 12:2). 
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
I am with my husband Illya and my Mom the evening before Bogdan was born.


On August 25, 2001 we received God's amazing gift to us - our first-born, our precious baby boy! He was a gift from God, so we called him Bogdan, which is Ukrainian literally means "God-given".

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17


Proud Daddy and Peaceful Child


Bogdan, our God-given, has changed our lives forever! We exchanged our self-absorbed life as a care-free couple for a restless life as parents! But all those sleepless nights and tiresome days were nothing compared to the love, and warmth, and gentleness, and sweetness our little one had brought us.


Bogdan with a sleep-deprived momma :)


We were very blessed to have my Mom with us for the first two months of Bogdan's life. He was the luckiest one of our kids - my Mom went to be with the Lord just a month after our second child was born, so our two younger ones have never seen her. But she is sure watching them from above, smiling at them and waiting to meet them in the unspeakable wonderful Heavenly Home.


My fabulous, amazing, sweet, loving Mom with her first Grandchild.


Yesterday we celebrated Bogdan's 6th birthday. How blessed are we to have such a miracle in our lives! 


Birthday mornings are always fun!


Bogdan was sleepy but super excited. Well, he's been waiting to turn six for a long time! :) Why? I don't know, but for some reason being a six-year-old was a huge milestone for him. When he entered a living room, he saw some mighty great gifts: a dream-come-true bunk bed, a super fun volcano experiment kit, Lego Star Wars Wii game and a World Map puzzle. Wouldn't YOU be excited? ;)


To celebrate our son's big day, Illya took a day off and even abandoned his OSNOVA work (wow, that doesn't happen often, and I was the one most excited:)) and we headed to LEGOLAND as a family. The best day of this summer ever!..


LEGOLAND was the best thing ever!..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOGDAN!
WE LOVE YOU, SON!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day for your family and for sweet Bogdan! So glad you guys got some good family time together and your husband was able to get away from work for the day. What a blessing!
    Thanks for sharing about what you have been through with your other pregnancies. I'm so sorry about your loss, but you are so right about giving God control. I think we all have that tendency to take on more of the burdens of the world than God wants us to and we just need to give up that last little bit of control that we are clinging to. This is definitely an area God has been refining in me!
    I also wanted to say I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Mom. My heart just aches for you. What a blessing for everyone that she was able to spend those two wonderful months with you guys. My Mom in her last stages of emphysema and it's just been the hardest time in so many ways. I am so grateful for the time she has been able to spend with my son also. He is almost four now and it's really such a miracle she's still with us. We're just trying to take it one day at a time and be grateful for every moment we get with her. I'm so grateful God is always there and He is our foundation.
    I'm so glad your family had such a wonderful day together for Bogdon's birthday. We have yet to go to LEGOLAND, but it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo Ann, I am so grateful for your friendship!.. Praying for you and your family as your Mom is walking through the valley of the shadow of death. What a scary and sad place to be unless the Shepherd holds the hand... Some days I envy my Mom to finally be with her Creator and Savoir. Such a blessed hope to be there with Him and our loved ones at the end of the way!..

    ReplyDelete