Greeting



Hello and welcome to the blog of one crazy mom!

Here I want to share about my life, my struggles and successes, the brighter pieces of my life's mosaics and the darker ones, too. They all are a part of the masterpiece God is working on, it just takes time to see a bigger picture.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Waiting

In summer 1998, after a broken engagement, I was called to ministry in a small village church, where I spent all my weekends and holidays. On week days, though, I worked in a Christian organization that trained youth leaders in the former Soviet Union. One of my responsibilities was to call a group of people who gathered in our office for a monthly get-together of youth leaders' network. I met so many wonderful people! I must have fallen in love with dozens of them! :) But there was one guy that got my special attention. The thing is, every time I called our network during office hours, he was never available. So I had to call him from home. Once a month we had the nicest conversation over the phone but never got a chance to meet in person. Illya had become a dear friend whose face I never saw. And when I invited him to my birthday in hopes of finally meeting the guy who had my heard beat faster, he had to say "no" since he was leaving to study in the States...

Quite a few things happened after that. I was growing desperate to find that perfect man God had in mind for me. There were a couple of people I was strongly interested in, and a couple of those interested in me. I was proposed twice, but not once I felt at peace. So I waited longer. Several Bible verses helped me and gave me hope:

- "They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31);

- "Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, the LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him. The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him" (Lamentations 3:22-25);

- "In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly" (Psalm 5:3);

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him" (Psalm 37:4-7).

In December 2000, I went to New Mexico to visit our sister church and tell them about all the wonderful things God had been doing in our village church. Just shortly before that trip I felt in my heart that God had prepared something different for me and would most likely lead me in a different direction. I started working with a couple of young people who I saw as future leaders in my place. 

Just days after I returned from the trip, when I finally made it to my work (with jet-lag and my notorious habit of being late), I got a phone call from the States. It was Illya. I hadn't heard from him since he left to the Stated in spring 1998, and now, literally in the middle of the night in the States (it was around 4am his time), he called our office to talk to me! Of course, he had a "legitimate" pretext - he needed Joe Gordon's phone number (Joe was a youth coach in the USA who worked with our organization). Joe's number at 4am?!, I thought. Oh well, here you go! :) However, before I was able to locate the needed number, Illya went ahead to ask how I was and what God was doing in my life. My heart was beating like crazy at the voice of a long-forgotten friend whom I hadn't even met!..


To be continued...    

No comments:

Post a Comment